Shiva Eye Shell & Spiral Necklace
This unique piece is formed by a Shiva shell of 12mm diameter handset into a silver pendant.
A completely natural and beautiful shell the perfect present for all those who love the sea and natural beauty.
The Shiva Eye shell (also known as the "Santa lucia Stone") is a beautiful white shell with a natural swirl or wave design on one side and on the other side a striking plume of colours. The shell is said to be the open eye on one side and the eyelashes of the closed eye on the other. Named after the Hindu God, Shiva, the shell represents the Third eye chakra and is used as a symbol for awakening, opening the mind and releasing creativity.
In some folklore Shiva Eye shells are called 'Mermaids Money' and bring good luck to travellers, fishermen and ocean folk.
The spiral is an ancient symbol used by many varied cultures and is found in countless tribal designs, rock carvings, cave paintings, and sacred sites worldwide. Used by the Mayan, Greek, Celtic, Maori and the Canarian Guanche civilisations amongst others. For many the spiral was the symbol of the creation of the universe and the same geometrical structure that can now be seen be seen in distant galaxies.
The spiral also symbolises the endless cycles of nature, strength, new beginnings, and is the ancient symbol for water believed to signify sources of water in the Nazca lines, Peru.
- 92.5 Sterling Silver and genuine sea shell pendant
- Comes with a sterling silver chain in a choice of styles an lengths
- Pendant size approx.10mm wide by 35mm long including bale
- Please note each shell is naturally unique and therefore may vary slightly in size and colour from the one pictured
- Feel good that a 5% donation from my profits will be made to an Ocean protecting organisation from the sale of this necklace